Sunday, October 26, 2008

Blog #11 - Personal Item Story

I bought a pack of 12 yellow highlighters (Highlighter Hype! from Staples to be exact) during the second semester of freshman year. I used to use the neon pink, blue, and green ones back in high school because it looked "pretty" against the plain white paper. As soon as I got to college and began reading pages and pages of research findings, stories, essays, etc. for homework, I found that it got a little sloppy and the ink seeped through the back of the page, which really annoyed me.

Highlighters are very important to me because it captures vital information that I will need to produce papers during my academic career. Now that I'm in the last phase of my undergraduate studies, I can't live without my highlighters! It's like me going to class without a writing utensil; I need my highlighters so that the information sticks out to me. It also helps me to understand what I'm reading because I can piece the information together based on what was highlighted and then produce my own summary of what it was all about.

No comments: