Monday, November 17, 2008

Blog #18 - Comments about Essay #4

Thanks to everyone that provided comments/feedback concerning my ideas for essay #4. As of right now, I think I'm going to go with food. I love food and it's what brings us all together. Just like what was mentioned in class, it's the one thing that everyone has in common - the love of food.

I don't know how I'm going to organize my essay just yet but I like the idea of making references to a menu (appetizers, main course, dessert, drinks, etc.) I can write about an appetizer and a moment when I met with old friends wherein we ate that particular appetizer (ex: calamari when meeting with Chicago friends in Chinatown).

If that idea doesn't work, I can also talk about food but in the sense of relating it to my family and how it's the one time of day where we all gather together and talk about our day.

Another idea about food that I can write about is some of my favorite Filipino foods and events wherein these foods were eaten during gatherings with family or friends.

I noticed that no one commented on my idea of writing about my journal! I think that would also be a good idea to write about because it's like an external image of who I am. In my journal, I keep quotes that are important to me, that have given me inspiration over time. I don't know...just a thought.

My heart's still not set on any one topic for essay #4. I still need to think this through a little more.

No comments: